BENEFITS, INDICATIONS & CONTRAINDICATIONS
Colon Hydrotherapy Benefits:
- Eliminates impacted layers of bacteria, toxins, mucus and residues. Treatments promote healthy colon surface cells and lining. This allows nutrients to pass into the bloodstream, and hormones and lubricants to be secreted normally. Treatments also help prevent toxin absorption from impacted fecal matter.
- Improves peristaltic (muscular contraction) activity. Colon Hydrotherapy provides therapeutic improvement of proper muscle tone, which allows a healthy colon’s muscular contractions to move food through the intestinal tract, thereby maximizing absorption of nutrients and promoting regular evacuation.
- Reduces stagnation. Treatments allow the proliferation of healthy bacteria and micro flora. This aids digestion, promotes the manufacture of vital nutrients, maintains a proper pH (acid-base balance), and keeps harmful bacteria in check.
- Reshapes and tones the colon. The shape of the problematic colon can become very distorted. A series of treatments helps eliminate protruding pockets and spastic constrictions, gradually allowing the colon to resume its natural shape and function.
- Removes undigested food particles and promotes regular bowel movements to prevent buildup of toxins, excessive fermentation and putrefaction.
The process of digestion (ingestion to defecation) normally takes between twelve and twenty-four hours, assuming that the colon is fully functional. Irregular and infrequent bowel movements allow undigested foods to remain in the colon, causing fermentation and buildup of toxic residue. Treatments remove these food particles, promoting colon health and normal function.
- Removes parasites. Intestinal parasites are (usually) microscopic organisms that draw energy and food from their hosts. It is estimated that 200 million people are infected by intestinal parasites. Byproducts of parasites can be toxic to the body, and this overload of toxins challenges the immune system if left untreated. Parasites can live for many years undetected. Examples of parasites are tapeworms, whiteworms, redworms, inchworms, blackworms, pinworms, little fish, threadworms, fuzzballs, spiderworms, and stickpin worms. Colon Hydrotherapy sessions support the body’s immune system by flushing out parasites.
Indications: Colon Hydrotherapy is not a cure-all, but it can be a valuable treatment for a wide variety of different conditions. A toxic bowel is the source of many health problems including the following:
Contraindications: Contraindications are health-related conditions that make it inadvisable to use a particular therapy. If you have certain conditions (see list below), we may not be able to treat you with colon hydrotherapy unless you have a written referral from your doctor. Please call us to discuss your situation. We will do what we can to help you. The following are contraindications for colon hydrotherapy: