THE WOODS GRAVITY METHOD
Why Gravity & Not a Machine?:
- The Woods Gravity Method, the original method of Colon Hydrotherapy, uses gravity instead of machines and electricity. It is a manual therapy that allows for dialogue between the client and therapist to provide an interactive experience. Feedback from most clients reflects a preference for this gentle procedure, as it is easier and more relaxing than they anticipate. We encourage you to do your own comparison.
- In private, you will first disrobe from the waist down and cover yourself with a gown.
- A 5-gallon tank of 98-degree water sits 3 feet above the treatment table and is refilled several times during the session.
- The water enters and exits your body to gently bathe the colon as the therapist performs and teaches you abdominal massage techniques you can use at home.
- The Gravity Method is a "closed system," which means your elimination exits through a closed tube. Surgical tubing (made of firm rubber material) delivers water into the body and water/waste out of the body, directly into the plumbing. There is a clear segment of the waste tube for optional viewing and discussion of what is released.
- The instrument, called a speculum, is lubricated and gently inserted into the rectum.
- It is made of stainless steel and is sterilized in a medical-grade sterilization chamber.
- During the session the therapist explains the anatomy and physiology of the colon, discusses nutrition and lifestyle and teaches abdominal self-massage techniques.